When it comes to aligning your teeth, many options are available today. One of the most popular options is Invisalign in Saddlestone, which uses a series of clear, custom-designed aligners to move your teeth into the optimal position slowly. Considering the treatment of invisalign in NE Calgary, knowing the advantages and disadvantages of choosing this orthodontic treatment is important. In this blog post, our team at Totally Dental tells you all about the pros and cons of Invisalign.
What Are the Pros of Invisalign?
Many patients choose Invisalign near Taradale for its discreet and convenient nature. But there are more benefits to Invisalign than simple aesthetics, including:
● Comfort – unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign doesn’t come with sharp and irritating metal brackets and wires that can cause abrasions inside your mouth. Instead, Invisalign aligners are made of smooth, BPA-free plastic, making them much more comfortable in your mouth.
● Convenience – Invisalign near you uses removable aligners, so you won’t have to worry about adjusting your diet to avoid certain foods. With traditional braces, you will have to avoid many of your favourite foods, but with Invisalign, you can simply remove your aligners, enjoy your favourite meals, and put them back in your mouth when finished.
● Fewer dental visits – since traditional braces use a system of wires and brackets to pull the teeth into their optimal positions, patients with braces must visit our dentist every couple of weeks to have their wires tightened and adjusted. With Invisalign, you are given your entire series of aligners from the get-go, and you can change them out on your own to keep your treatment going. You will still need to visit our dentist, but only every six to eight weeks.
● Easy cleaning – similar to how you won’t have to worry about restricting your diet, you won’t have to adjust your cleaning techniques. Simply remove your aligners, brush and floss as usual, and place them back in your mouth. Just ensure that you also clean your aligners thoroughly.
What Are the Cons of Invisalign?
Just like any dental procedure, Invisalign comes with some drawbacks. Our dental specialist near you may warn you about the following if you are considering Invisalign:
● Requires commitment – since Invisalign aligners are removable, they do require a level of commitment and dedication on the wearer’s part. It is easy to take your aligners out often, but if you want your treatment to succeed, you must wear them for at least 22 hours daily.
● Invisalign isn’t for everyone – while Invisalign is a good option for many, it cannot be used to correct severe misalignment. our dentist in NE Calgary will be able to evaluate your mouth to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure or would be better suited to other means of alignment.
Interested in Invisalign?
If you would like to learn more about Invisalign and how it can help you achieve the smile of your dreams, please do not hesitate to reach out to our dedicated team of dental professionals at Totally Dental. We are happy to provide you with a comprehensive oral examination to determine if you are a good candidate for this innovative orthodontic treatment. Please get in touch with us to book your appointment today.