When it comes to aligning your teeth, there are many options available on the market today. One of the most popular options is Invisalign in Saddlestone, which uses a series of clear, custom-designed aligners to slowly move your teeth into the optimal position. If you are considered Invisalign, it is important to know the advantages and disadvantages of choosing this form of orthodontic treatment. In this blog post, our team at Totally Dental tells you all about the pros and cons of Invisalign.
What Are the Pros of Invisalign?
Many patients choose Invisalign near Taradale for its discreet and convenient nature. But there are more benefits to Invisalign than simple aesthetics, including:
● Comfort – unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign doesn’t come with sharp and irritating metal brackets and wires that can cause abrasions inside your mouth. Instead, Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth, BPA-free plastic, making them much more comfortable in your mouth.
● Convenience – Invisalign near you uses removable aligners, which means that you won’t have to worry about adjusting your diet to avoid certain foods. With traditional braces, you will have to avoid a lot of your favourite foods, but with Invisalign, you can simply remove your aligners, enjoy your favourite meals, and put them back in your mouth when you are finished.
● Fewer dental visits – since traditional braces use a system of wires and brackets to pull the teeth into their optimal positions, patients with braces have to visit their dentist every couple of weeks to have their wires tightened and adjusted. With Invisalign, you are given your entire series of aligners from the get-go, and you can change them out on your own to keep your treatment going. You will still need to visit a dentist, but only every six to eight weeks.
● Easy cleaning – similar to how you won’t have to worry about restricting your diet, you also won’t have to adjust your cleaning techniques. Simply remove your aligners, brush and floss as usual, and place them back in your mouth. Just ensure that you also clean your aligners thoroughly.
What Are the Cons of Invisalign?
Just like any dental procedure, Invisalign comes with some drawbacks. A dentist near you may warn you about the following if you are considering Invisalign:
● Requires commitment – since Invisalign aligners are removable, they do require a level of commitment and dedication on the part of the wearer. It is easy to want to take your aligners out often, but if you want your treatment to be successful, you will need to wear them for at least 22 hours a day.
● Invisalign isn’t for everyone – while Invisalign is a good option for many, it cannot be used to correct severe misalignment. Your dentist in NE Calgary will be able to evaluate your mouth to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure, or if you would be better suited to other means of alignment.
Interested in Invisalign?
If you would like to learn more about Invisalign and how it can help you achieve the smile of your dreams, please do not hesitate to reach out to our dedicated team of dental professionals at Totally Dental. We are happy to provide you with a comprehensive oral examination to determine if you are a good candidate for this innovative orthodontic treatment. Please contact us to book your appointment today.