Root Canal Therapy in NE Calgary
Root Canal Therapy Near You
We offer root canal therapy near you to remove the diseased or damaged pulp of the tooth. This area is disposed to damage triggered by deep decay, incidental injuries, tooth fractures or trauma from past dental procedures. During root canal therapy, the pulp is removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and then sealed. This dental procedure relieves pain and protects the tooth from future complications.
Signs and Symptoms
A patient may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Severe tooth pain: The patient experiences pain when chewing or when pressure is applied to the tooth.
- Tooth sensitivity: The patient experience sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures that last for an extended period of time.
- Discoloration: The patient experiences discoloration of the tooth (darkened appearance).
- Swelling and tenderness: The patient presents swelling or tenderness in the gums that surround the tooth.
- A pimple: The patient presents a persistent or a reoccurring pimple located on the tooth near the gums.
Note, some patients may not experience any symptoms at all, but still require root canal therapy in NE Calgary, AB T3J 0W8.
If you think you need to receive root canal therapy near you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Once a dentist has established if the patient will require root canal therapy, the procedure date will be scheduled. To begin, the dentist in NE Calgary, AB T3J 0W8will use local anesthesia to numb the area. Next, a rubber dam is used to keep the tooth dry and free from saliva. An access hole is then drilled into the top of the tooth to allow pulp, bacteria and debris extraction. During the cleaning process, a series of root canal files are inserted into the access for scrubbing and scraping purposes. Lastly, a filler is used to fill the exterior access hole created during treatment. A sealer paste and rubber compound is inserted inside the tooth root canal. Depending on the extensity of the damage, the tooth may require further restoration i.e. a dental crown.
If you’re looking to receive root canal therapy near you, please contact us to schedule a consultation.