Dental Crowns in NE Calgary
Dental Crowns Near You
A dental crown is a cap that fully covers a tooth and improves its overall physical appearance. Porcelain crowns are the most common type of dental crowns. This type of dental crown is extremely durable and provide patients with the most natural results. We provide dental crowns near you that are customized based on the patient’s shape, size, and color of teeth.
Why are Dental Crowns Used?
There are several reasons why dentists in NE Calgary, AB T3J 0W8 recommend the use of a dental crown to their patients. This includes some of the following:
- Protection: A dental crown can protect an already weakened tooth from cracking or breaking.
- Strength: A dental crown can fasten parts of a cracked tooth.
- Restoration: A dental crown can restore a tooth that is brown or worn down. In addition, it can cover a tooth where much of the structure is missing.
- Support: A dental crown can hold other dental restorations into place i.e. dental bridges.
- Coverage: A dental crown can replace the appearance of a tooth that is misshapen or severely discolored. In addition, it can also cover a dental implant.
- Cosmetic: A dental crown can make improve the appearance of a tooth by making cosmetic modifications.
If you’re interested in receiving dental crowns near you, please contact us to schedule a consultation.
Dental crowns in NE Calgary, AB T3J 0W8 made from stainless steel are usually recommended to treat children. Children may require a dental crown on their primary teeth for the following reasons:
- Damage: When the tooth is severely damaged by decay and cannot support a filling.
- Protection: Children who do not practice good oral hygiene and are at great risk of developing tooth decay.
Before performing any treatment, a dentist in NE Calgary will conduct an X-ray and examination on the tooth. During a secondary visit, anesthesia is given to the patient before the tooth is prepared. Once the tooth is reshaped, a dentist will take an impression of the tooth which will be sent to a dental lab. During this time, a temporary crown is worn by patients for protection purposes. Once the permanent crown is fitted, it is cemented on the tooth. With the proper care, a permanent crown can last up to fifteen years.
If you have any questions about receiving dental crowns near you, please do not hesitate to contact us.