Mouth Guards in NE Calgary
Mouth Guards Near You
Wearing a mouth guard protects the teeth and surrounding tissues in the mouth. Depending on the type, mouth guards can be worn while participating in sports or during sleep in the form of a night guard. We provide mouth guards near you that fit securely over the upper teeth, offering protection from teeth trauma and preserving the teeth’s aesthetic appearance.
Different Kinds of Mouth Guards in NE Calgary, AB T3J 0W8
We provide various types of mouth guards near you, which include:
- Stock Mouth Guards: Typically worn as sports guards, this is an inexpensive option that can be worn immediately. This pre-formed mouth guard can be found over the counter.This mouth guard offers minimal protection and is not adjustable in terms of fit.It may feel bulky or awkward in the mouth and can effects one’s breathing and talking.
- Boil and Bite Mouth Guards: These can be purchased over the counter. They offer a better fit than stock mouth guards. The mouth guard consists of thermoplastic material and when placed in water the plastic softens. After softening, the mouth guard is inserted in the mouth and takes to the shape of the teeth.
- Custom-fitted Mouth Guards: This mouth guard is fabricated in a dental lab and customized to fit the individual’s teeth. This mouth guard fits securely and comfortably in the mouth providing proper protection. This mouth guard is higher in price but is worth the investment. Custom-fitted mouth guards are recommended for patients with bruxism or TMD disorders.
Why Use Mouth Guards in NE Calgary, AB T3J 0W8?
In addition to the reasons listed above, mouth guards can:
- Prevent cheek lesions.
- Prevent concussions.
- Prevent gum and soft tissue injuries.
- Prevent jawbone fractures.
- Prevent lip lesions.
- Prevent neck injuries.
- Prevent tongue lesions
- Prevent chipped or broken teeth.
- Prevent nerve damage.
- Prevent tooth loss.
Looking for mouth guards near you? Contact us to schedule a consultation.