Studies show that your smile has psychological effects; after all, it is a person’s best presentation card. Individuals who are missing teeth tend to feel self-conscious about their smiles, interact less with other people, and may have trouble eating and speaking properly.
Modern dentistry has brought many restorative treatments to replace missing teeth. Receiving dental implants in Saddle Ridge, dentures, and dental bridges are some of the options.
In this blog, we will discuss when to look for dental implants near you.
Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Any adult with sufficient jawbone qualifies for a dental implant if they are missing one or many teeth. If they don’t have a strong bone, a dental implants dentist in NE Calgary will suggest bone grafting before installing it.
What is a Dental Implant?
Interested in dental implants in NE Calgary? These are oral devices that look like a screw and replace the root of a missing tooth. It is the first device in dentistry to fuse with the bone, and it may last for a lifetime.
Who Can Place a Dental Implant?
A periodontics dentist near you or an oral surgeon are the right professionals to place them. They prepared for two or three additional years after dental school to specialize in installing dental implants.
If you choose the right professional, the procedure may have up to a 98% success rate.
What to Expect
Placing a dental implant requires a single appointment; however, you need a previous visit to discuss other things.
At a consultation, you may discuss costs, your medical history, anesthetic options, and your surgeon will evaluate you and decide what implant to place and in what position. They will take a set of x-rays, CT scans, photographs, and a mold of your teeth to plan the treatment.
On the day of the surgery, your dental professional will administer a local anesthetic; then, they will drill the dental implant inside your jawbone. The porcelain crown that goes on top will have to wait until your bone integrates with the implant (osseointegration), which takes about three months.
After this time, a prosthodontics dentist will place the permanent dental crown over the implant, and you will look and feel natural.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
– Permanent solution – As we mentioned above, dental implants may last up to a lifetime. They are expensive, but our patients state that it is a long-term investment. No more headaches of replacing dentures.
– Easy maintenance – Caring for dental implants is simple. It requires your daily oral care routine, which should consist of brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing between teeth, and avoiding sugary snacks.
– Look natural – Nobody will notice that you underwent dental implant surgery. A dental implant with a crown on top looks like your natural teeth.
– Stop bone loss – When you lose a tooth, the bone resorbs due to lack of stimulation. A dental implant stops bone receding, which makes you look younger.
– Boost your self-esteem – Dental implants, like other devices that replace missing teeth, impact a person’s confidence. When you enhance your smile, your self-esteem increases, and you feel more content.
If you made it this far, now you know the power of dental implants. People have been choosing them for decades with the best results.
We advise you to seek professional guidance to determine if you qualify for dental implants to restore your smile. Our team of dental professionals is available at any time of the day to help you. We also offer many more dental procedures that you may find more information about by scheduling a free consultation at your best convenience.