The 2012 Whitening Survey performed by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry found that 96% of people consider an attractive smile appealing. The second most common thing noticed about someone’s smile? The whiteness or colour of the person’s teeth. What makes a smile unattractive rather than an attraction? The number one answer was stained, yellowed, and discoloured teeth. Is it any wonder that interest in teeth whitening has skyrocketed? One study projects that people will spend as much as $7.4 billion dollars on whitening strips and whitening toothpaste annually by 2024.
Teeth whitening products ranging from gum to pastes to strips to gimmicks are available at every pharmacy and drug store in most Canadian towns and cities, including in Calgary. You could easily spend hundreds of dollars to be disappointed in the results. That’s not a reason to settle for stained teeth any longer. It’s a reason to consider professional teeth whitening.
What are the benefits of teeth whitening in Calgary?
Even with good daily brushing, flossing, and mouth washing habits, teeth get stained in a variety of ways. It’s normal and often reversible. Why should you consider whitening to deal with your discoloured teeth?
- Whiter teeth mean a more attractive smile and confident appearance
- Cleaner teeth are about more than vanity; cleaner teeth are stronger and reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease
- A commitment to clean teeth shows a commitment to good grooming that helps establish credibility
- The confidence of a brighter smile and healthier teeth means more successful job interviews, more confident introductions, and maybe more second dates
What are the advantages of having your teeth whitened professionally by a dental clinic in Calgary?
Complete satisfaction with DIY whitening products from grocery stores or drugstores is unlikely. But renewed confidence and whiter teeth are possible. For the safest, most efficient, and best results, trust a dental clinic in Calgary. What’s the advantage of professional teeth cleaning at a dental clinic in Calgary? Here are four reasons to contact a dentist near you if you’re ready for whiter teeth.
1. Your smile will be brighter. Your dentist in Calgary will use stronger cleaning compounds and specialized equipment to provide a whiter smile than you’ll ever achieve from a DIY product. The whiter the teeth, the brighter the smile, and the more confident and compelling an impression you’ll make.
2. You’ll see results faster. DIY teeth whitening options require application after application and even then deliver disappointing results if any at all. Your dentist will provide whiter teeth within 60 minutes. You’re an hour — not weeks — from whiter teeth.
3. Treatment will be tailored to you. Are your teeth the same size and shape as every other person in Calgary looking to have them whitened? Of course not. Then why should you use generic, off-the-shelf, one-size-fits-all products? Teeth whitening at a dental clinic in Calgary will deliver the precisely needed product to the targeted stained areas to remove the specific stains you want gone.
4. It will be safer. Dentists are trained for years in oral health. Are you? Their expertise will enable them to adjust their compounds specifically to meet your needs quickly… but safely.
Teeth whitening is just one of the wide range of cosmetic dentistry options available from Calgary dental clinics. A dentist near you is ready to hear about your goals when it comes to your oral health and ready to help you get there. Don’t settle for stained teeth or the disappointment of DIY “whitening” products and gimmicks. If you’re ready for a whiter and brighter smile — and a more confident outlook on life — reach out to a dental clinic in Calgary and tell them “I’m ready.”